5.19.2007

Retro Style Sundress

(the white one with the trim at the hem)

I chose this dress as my summer sundress. I think it will be light and airy to wear around on a regular day, but can easily be dressed up with a crinoline, espadrilles and the right hairdo. I am making it out of black (of course) cotton to go with the rest of my SWAP items.



This pattern has given me a few issues, mostly because I didn't read the instructions ha ha oops! I am now on my second bodice, and it is going smoothly so far KNOCK ON WOOD! Why do I always seem to have problems with the curved front and straight side front pieces? I sewed and ripped out and resewed a few times before I finally hand basted it to ensure there would be no folds and puckers. This had better be a damn nice dress with all the issues it has given me. ARG I can't wait till it is time to put a zipper in it. Abundant cursing will be heard for miles for sure.

No comments: