11.27.2007

Ok. It is finally snowing and actually staying on the ground. I have donned the Canadian Military crazy gynormous white boots and 25 lb parka and my new mitts (did I mention that I made new mitts?) and have shoveled the front walk twice thus far. Obviously I am a true Canadian. I don't care how stupid I look, I am W-A-R-M. That is all that matters.

Now picture this.... Standing on the corner, waiting for the school bus is Me, snug and warm in said crazy outfit, standing next to my 7 year old, in a skirt and tights, winter coat, no hat, no scarf, NO SNOWPANTS! She is complaining that she is cold.

WTF! I just spent a half hour arguing with her about the virtues of her snowpants and hats and scarves and frostbite and blackened dead ears and noses etc. It isn't cool to wear these things. She wants to be cool. She will be cool all right but in a different way. Dumbass. It's bad enough the kid will not wear pants under any circumstances but to now boycott her snowpants! Maybe I need to find some yummy frostbite pictures online to show her.

Oh ya. Also this... my dog is annoying.

No comments: