11.29.2007

a trip to the yarn store...

Yay me. Today is my birthday and I decided to treat myself to a trip to River City Yarns. I had a nice time browsing, had lots of help in terms of customer service trying to find the correct needles etc. It is an ok shop. I have yet to check out any of the other stores in town. Some day.

Anyways, not to leave empty handed with bday money unspent, I picked up a few things

Inset picture here soon

I grabbed a skien of undyed trekking, a bag of gorgeous superwash roving, a drop spindle, 1 cheapo circular needle and 1 addy turbo circular needle. Yay! I would have bought 2 turbos but I couldn't afford it right now.

Also I got a copy of Knitting Circles Around Socks from Amazon. I plan on trying to knit 2 at once with a quickie no frills pair (or is it a quad?) or dog socks. My dog has cold feet lol. 2 days in a row I have had to carry him home from Livia's bus stop because his feet were so cold. I plan on knitting a wool ribbed tube, sew in a thick felt liner circle bottom then glue a piece of suede to prevent slipping. I hope they will stay on by themselves.

The poor dog is going to rip out my throat when I am sleeping some night for all of the abuse I inflict on him with the flannel maxi pad lined girlie belly bands, silly santa coats and now socks lol.

Wonder if he needs a hat?

No comments: